Hi, new to the forum, hope to find help here with my ATC 120 UC22.

Options
jpbk
jpbk Member Posts: 12 New User

machine is out of warranty and paid support told me to bring it in to local tech. I was having problems with windows 10 start menu and after reboot still did not work. I had solved this problem on another computer by booting into safe mode so I tried that. After selecting minimal safe boot i restarted the computer. No signal to monitor after that. The power light comes on and you can see it is accessing the hard drive but nothing displays so i have no idea what is going on. I have another 120 UC22 so i created a system recovery disk off that and tried to boot it, but nothing different happens.

My first question is what is on the recovery disk? Does it contain a fresh bios to boot from? If not can i download a new copy of a bios to a flash drive and boot off of that?

If it is not the bios then i guess it could be the video card, but this is an APU so just swapping out a video card is not possible. I imagine it being much more difficult to try and replace the video on the motherboard. Any suggestions about that?

thanks for any help you can give,

jack

Answers

• jpbk
    jpbk Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Update, after starting to post question on AMD discussion forum i saw similar problems for other users who had problem with output signal on only one type of connection so i switched my VGA connection to HDMI and that worked. Got out of safe mode reconnected my VGA and now that is also working. No idea what happened but it is fixed.

cheers,

jack

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

good to hear it. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.