Help with Acer Aspire 4339 update. PLEASE HELP.

Options
Curl
Curl Member Posts: 1 New User

Okay, I'm already sick and tired of Acer. Since my warrenty is expired, I had to deal with terrible scam site called answersby.com that Acer RECOMMENDED. I cannot believe that they would actually share this TERRIBLE website to their customers. First of all, the live chat service only directed me to the same technician that would'nt reply to ANYTHING that I said. Not only that, the website itself is buggy and whenever when you try to send feedback, you'd have to click it like 6 times in order for it to send. Ha, and get this! There's many many people telling how that website scams people entirely. 

Anyways, diving into the CORE of my situation is that recently, I tried playing Sims 3, on this terrible laptop, and my drivers are outdated.  (Horrah!) So I was like, okay, let's update. Come to find out, the updated drivers are 2011 which I don't even know why. Yes, yes I know. Acer Aspire 4339, so so old. But in order to actually download most things, you aren't able to update the Intel Graphics since it's customized by Acer.  (Great!) *sarcasm* Also, whenever I try to update my chipset with the lovely Intel Update utility, I'm slapped in the face with errors. Went to Acer and my product, I can't download the chipset? I don't know.

I'm confused on why there's OUTDATED software for Acer Aspire 4339. Not only that, I need an UPDATED version of Intel HD Graphics. The latest driver is literally from 2011. Come on. Why would the video card even be customized by Acer????  Ugh, if ANYONE can find me an UPDATE for Intel HD Graphics on the Intel website thank you, you've saved me from ripping my hair out. 

Since there isn't any updates, I won't be able to run MODERN gaming software on this computer. 

My Computer specs:

Intel Celeron(R) CPU P4600

Windows 7  Professional 32-bit 

(Pretty sure that's all you need.) 

My GPU is integrated, too. Since it's a laptop. I need to bypass this OUTDATED driver and get one at LEAST in 2012 and later. 

I tried so hard to avoid this forum, but Acer pushed me too far and now I'm here. So please, save my hair before I rip it out from the frustration that lovely Acer has given me. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

bypassing custom Intel drivers is easy.

check on programs/features if any Intel VGA drivers is listed and uninstall, if not...

go to device manager, choose display adapters, right click your Intel VGA and choose to uninstall, deleting software drivers too.

at next reboot, probably windows will be low res  but you will be able to install the latest Intel original VGA drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.