Has Anyone Received Windows 10 Upgrade For Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 Running Windows 8.1?

Options
Bigskyguy
Bigskyguy Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

Has anyone recieved the Windows 10 Upgtrade for Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 32Bit Windows 8.1? I am still waiting for the "Get Windows 10" Application to inform me the upgrade is ready. Smiley Frustrated

Bigskyguy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Bigskyguy
    Bigskyguy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Imagine this....not too long after I posted this question regarding the Windows 10 Update on the Aspire Switch 10...I checked for any new Windows Updates and then clicked the "Get Windows Now App" Icon, as I had reserved a copy for this device. To my suprise Smiley Happy ... After months of waiting...I had a message '"Windows 10 Is Now Available For Your Computer".  I removed the SD card, clicked the Start Now button...the process began and without any  "Forcing" or glitches whatsoever, I now have a fresh install of Windows 10 on the Aspire Switch 10. It really is great and speeds this little laptop right up and truly shines!  I will say that a day or so ago I went to the Acer Site and downloaded the newest BIOS Version and a few other minor updates.  So there we have it...Microsoft lived up to their promise and delivered a compatible version of Windows 10 for this device. I suppose the old saying "Good Things Are Worth Waiting For" is true. Problem solved for you Aspire Switch 10 8.1 owners.... Go get it!! 

​         Bigskyguy