Drivers removed from Acer support for TC-605?

JordanB
JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I'm trying to figure out what happened to the drivers for the TC-605.  On Saturday October 25th, the drivers were all there on the Acer Support website. On Sunday the 26th, all that remains are the drivers for the Atheros WiFi/Bluetooth module.

Previously, drivers for the entire system were there including Card Reader, VGA/IntelAudio, iAMT, Realtek Audio, and an updated Intel H81 chipset driver.  Most of these drivers were updated drivers for my systems.  The only driver that was there that was not an update was the Realtek audio.

Any explanation from Acer would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there's a really good explanation, but I just don't know it. I bought one of my Windows 8.1 TC-605 computers in April of 2014 and the other in September of 2014.  But most of the drivers for the TC-605 have already been stripped from the downloads in October of 2014.  Doesn't make sense.

Thank you.

Edit: Additonally, the Atheros Wifi driver was previously 10.0.0.276 on the Acer website.  Now it's .268.  It's stating that .268 is the latest driver when just a few days ago, I downloaded .276.  Just need an explanation.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• JordanB

Thank you for restoring the TC-605 drivers to the support website.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi JordanB,

Glad everything is up and working for you. I believe that a web service had a hiccup but the drivers weren't intentionally taken offline.

Thanks,
    Cory

• JordanB
    Great, thanks. The Realtek audio driver is still missing. Would be great if they restored that driver too.

I have one other suggestion/request. Would it be possible to add better descriptions to the Bios versions? For example, one of the UEFI bios versions has a fix for KVM. I assume that's for someone who adds a KVM (keyboard,video,mouse) switch? And the latest UEFI bios makes reference to Raid Controller (RC). The H81 express chipset doesn't support raid out of the box with Intel Rapid Storage Technology. So is this for someone who adds a PCI-E Raid Controller? A little confusing. Maybe I'm making a false assumption that all of the TC-605 products use the H81 chipset?

So I guess my concern is the following: If there was a snafu on the drivers, can you double check to see that the UEFI bios versions that are listed on the TC-605 support page are actually for the TC-605. I'd hate for me (or anyone else) to flash the wrong UEFI firmware. Thanks!