Driver updates to Aspire T3-715

Acer73
Acer73 Member Posts: 20 Networker

Hello Everyone, 

I bought a new Acer Aspire Desktop:

Aspire T-3 715

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Intel(R)Core(TM)i5-6400 CPU @2.70GHz

I want to know that when I visit to its Driver from Acer`s website. Then I can see many different drivers are available from November 2016. But since Windows10 are up to date. May I steel need to update its drivers that are avaible at Acer`s website for Aspire T-3 715?

Actually, I just dont understand that, Is Windows automatically update its driver or may I need to do that manual? If so...then which one I must download for my Aspire T-3 715?

Thanks for the support!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if your system is stable, just rely on windows updates.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Acer73

Thanks for the reply.

I just wondring that since different update for Acer T3-715 is available via Acer`s own website. Then why not to use these. But I just dont understand that, shall I install these or not? If I have to install then which one that are important?

Anyway, if any suggestion or tips. I will be very thankfull. 

• IronFly

the only way to understand if Acer support website drivers are newer then yours, you need to check drivers versions.

One ""nice" thing" of windows 10, is about drivers updates using windows update and it will install Acer drivers versions as on support website.

• Acer73

IronFly,

Many thanks.

I will better wait till Windows 10 will bring updates for my PC`s drivers. As you suggesting!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Check to see if you have the latest BIOS R01.A4.

1. Right click on the Windows start button

2. Left click on run

3. Type msinfo32

4. click ok

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6527?b=1

You can update your GTX 970 graphics driver through Device Manager.

devmanup.PNG

• Acer73

@JordanB,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I have to be carefull about to update BIOS. Because someone said to me that either it can go to a wrong way or. Because BIOS is something you have to be careful with. Therefore since I am not a data expert. Therefore I dont want to take this risk. Because dear friend, I dont know so much about BIOS and how to update it?

Regarding, update to my nVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. Well I use GeForce Experience to update it. But I saw some Blutooth, LAN, Wireless LAN etc new drivers here that I thought shall I install or wait till Windows update will bring its update?

• JordanB

Someone said to you?  Who said that about updating BIOS?  Someone on this forum?

Just open the Acer Care Center app on your computer and update the BIOS.  They made it so a child could do it.

Now is the time you want to update the BIOS while it's under warranty.  Using Acer Care Center to update your BIOS will not void your warranty.

Edit: You can update any of your drivers through Device Manager.  It's up to you. If your not computer savvy, and your not having problems, then you can leave them alone.

• Acer73

No nor from this forum. I had problem with trash H: then I got help over telephone from someone. He said that be carefull to do anything with BIOS.

Regarding, ACer Care Senter. Well I cannot find BIOS info there. But when I click "Update" button then I can see that all is uodated and OK.

• JordanB

Ok.  I don't even know if you need a BIOS update because you didn't follow those four steps and tell me which BIOS version you currently have.

If you ever need to update the BIOS, you just download the latest BIOS from here.   Good luck.

1, Extract the latest BIOS file that you downloaded

2. Double click the Appendix folder.

3.  Carefully read and follow the Win Flash Utility SOP instructions.

exbios.PNG

appen.PNG

winflashutil.PNG

• Acer73

Sorry. I didnt understood what you mean. Dear my english is not so good.Smiley Sad

But now I found the following info abou my new Acer PC`s current BIOS as follow:

BIOS-Versjon/-Date:  Amercian Megatrends Inc. R01-A3, 10.05.2016

You already informed me about its new version. But is that important to update it? Since new version is available?

How to do that is what you written. Is that the way I shall do?

Lastly, dear friend that, may I need to restart my PC?

Just one more thing what BIOS new version have to do or is important with its update?

Sorry for my poor English!

• JordanB

I don't know what to tell you.  This is an English forum. The instructions that I've given you are in English.   If you don't understand English, it's probably not a good idea to follow BIOS update instructions in English.

• Acer73

I think you missunderstood me.

I mean I thought you may didnt understand my english.

• JordanB

I understood you.  But you asked a question about restarting your computer.  I gave you instructions on how to read the Acer instructions.  If you're asking me questions about the Acer instructions, that's not a good sign that you understand the Acer instructions.

Acer didn't post the release notes.  I have no idea how important the BIOS update is.  For me personally, I always use the latest BIOS.  It's totally up to you if want to update the BIOS.  That's your decisiion.  It's your computer.  I'm just pointing out how easy it is.  A BIOS update will generally fix something or improve your computer.

They pay those BIOS engineers a lot of money.  Smiley Wink

Good luck.  Smiley Happy

• JordanB

pt1.PNG

pt2.PNG

• IronFly

Honestly reading the changelog string, it's not worth updating, if the update it's only related to Gateway support brand...

just my opinion.

He's PC is working good.

• Acer73

@Jordan B,

Finally I updated my BIOS.

Dear Friend, since I NEVER did that before. I mean update BIOS. Because I always thought that this is something you may have good enough knowledge to work with BIOS.

But now since your tips & support helped me a lot. Therefore I finally updated my new PC`s BIOS. I can see now that I have the latest BIOS Version. 

Many thanks to all of you for your all kind support!

Especially to Mr.@JordanB

Thanks a lot . . . 

• JordanB

If you need to update your wireless driver, then you can do it from Device Manager.  But if you're not having any problems, you can just leave it as is.

updr2.PNG

• JordanB

Good job on the BIOS update.  I knew you could do it!  Smiley Happy  Piece of cake.

• Acer73

Thanks Smiley Happy