Disk on PORT 0 at risk

Options
james1006
james1006 Member Posts: 2 New User

Intel Rapid Storage Tech displays a error msg: Disk PORT 0 at risk. reset disk to normal

and my HDD is so slow, HDD LED light keep on, not even flashing......

The main issue is even open up IE takes me 2~3mins to run. Can you help?

Thanks,

James

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

What computer model #?

What operating system came pre-installed on your computer?

What operating sytem are you currently using?

Did you install the intel RST?  Or was it already pre-installed on your computer?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • james1006
    james1006 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Jordan,

Here below is my reply.

What computer model #?

Aspire 5755G

What operating system came pre-installed on your computer?

Win7 Home Edit

What operating sytem are you currently using?

Same as above 

Did you install the intel RST?  Or was it already pre-installed on your computer?

RST is preinstalled

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

I forgot to ask....are you running raid?

Anyway, hopefully someone will be able to help.  If you haven't already done so, you should backup all your important personal files and then make recovery discs. 

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925/~/use-acer-erecovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media

I'm not sure if your drivers are corrupt, or your hard drive is failing or it's something else.  But I would definitely be worried that my hard drive might be failing so definitely make recovery discs and backup your important files.  Otherwise you might have to buy them from Acer and you might lose all your important personal files.

After you backup your files and make recovery discs, you can try to restore your computer to factory defaults using the acer recovery software that's on your computer. Please refer to the link that I posted above.

I'm not an Acer employee.