Disc error - failure in Acer Asprire Model 3450

brucemcl777
brucemcl777 Member Posts: 2 New User

This hard drive came in an Acer Aspire computer I bought brand new.
In under a 100 hours use the original hard drive failed. I sent the computer back and Acer replaced the HD with a new one ( different serial number - same model ).
I was using win 7 and Advanced System Care (ASC) kept detecting a disc error. In a short time ( under 200 more hours of use ) the new drive failed entirely. It was now out of warranty - I reformatted the drive and tried to recover from my WD My Cloud but that data was corrupt or missing something.
So I used the Acer recovery disc which brought it back to as purchased condition. However ASC again detected this disc error. I ran Data Lifeguard Diagnostic quick test and it passed. I then ran the extended test which it failed and used the fix utility. The error then stopped occurring in ASC but the error returned a couple of weeks later. I ran the extended and fixed it again.
I then upgraded to Win 10 and after that the disc error again appeared. I ran Lifeguard extended and fixed it again. It showed clean in ASC.
It has now been about 3 weeks and once again the disc error has reappeared. How can I fix this once and for all
It will take me several months to get my computer back to its precrash state. I need a solution please.

Here is the current quick test but it will fail an extended if I run it.
Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD20EARX-22PASB0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WCAZAD534367
Firmware Number: 51.0AB51
Capacity: 2000.40 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 10:24:45, July 09, 2016