Desktop PC ATC-603-EB11 problem and keeps rebooting: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (rtwlane.sys)

Options
solisrk
solisrk Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi There,

Is there anybody within the community got a fix or have previously encounter a computer error

" DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (rtwlane.sys)"

I had been struggling to find any fix of my PC problem, done a factory reset several times but problem keeps popping up as soon as the system completes the updating the Windows 8.1 after the reset.

solisrk

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you please post

1. your BIOS version: windows logo key + r - type msinfo32 - report BIOS DATE/version
    2. the wireless adapter model - go to Device manager - networks adapter and double click the wireless adapter and report brand and model

mainwhile, go to Realtek website and download/isntall the windows 8 drivers:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • solisrk
    Options

Hi Iron Fly

Thanks for your quick reply, here's the detail of my BIOS and  wireless adapter:

American Megatrends Inc. P11-B0, 2014-10-17

The wireles adapter is:

Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

• solisrk
    Options
  • IronFly
    Options

the issue is from the wireless adapter driver but i can't find one from Acer or Realtek to update it; check if windows is able to update that driver.

on device manager, double click the wireless adapter, choose to update the driver and let windows search for an update.

• solisrk
    Options

downloaded the realtek wireless adapter from 3rd party (using driver toolkit). Will observe for few days, if the problem does not pop up again, then your awesome technical experties had solve my problem.

Thanks IronFly....

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome