Computer make 3 delay beeps after installing first graphic card and stuck at BIOS screen(won't boot)

Options
minhtrilh98
minhtrilh98 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi, my motherboard is Aspire M1935 and I really have a big problem with my new graphic card. I got my computer from Best buy without any graphic card installed . Recently, I bought a GTX-750ti to boost my computer graphic up or else it won't be able to play any upcoming games(have been playing at lowest game quality and I'm sick of it). After I installed it into my computer, my desktop automatically rebooted twice and stuck at the BIOS screen after that second reboot.After that, I went on different websites and find ways to fix it then I found many people's problem were outdated-BIOS or just a weak PSU. Ofc I went ahead to buy a new PSU for my computer right after(enough to handle almost all graphic cards available right now) and update my BIOS but it doesn't seem to fix my problem at all. My computer brand is Gateway. I just wondering what could be the other problem beside the two I specified. Or could that be my computer is restricted to install any kind graphic card. Anyone know how to fix this please help, thanks !!!!

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

possible when seating the graphics card in the board the pressure on the board causes the ram modules to move, I would check that if you have not, take the module out and reseat it back in, look in the bios and make sure it is using pci-e setting for graphics and not on-board as most bios have this selection, not sure if yours does.

The power supply you purchased, was it of good quality brand, as that does make a difference, as good brand supplies actually supply enough output voltage to what they claim, a lot of generic power supplies that say claim per say 500 watts may only supply 400 watts under full load if your lucky.

• minhtrilh98
    minhtrilh98 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I went back and check my RAM module. And enabled PCI-E ( it was not enable like you said) but neither seem to fix the problem either. And my psu suppy up to 600 watt , I tested my card on my friend's prebuild computer as well, doesn't seem like its the card's fault.

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

the beep error generally means a ram error, if you have more then one stick in the computer take all sticks out and put only one in at a time and test it that way, if your using only one stick then try memtest86+ to test the ram to see if you find any faults.

Also look in the bios just to make sure the system is seeing all the ram in the system, had this happen to me.