CAP AND NUMBER LOCK ON SCREEN Aspire F5-57

Options
angelrob
angelrob Member Posts: 10 New User

The display when putting the Caps and Number Lock on has disappeared.No apparent reason.Have tried other Forums and it appears this is a problem elsewhere.

Given that we are told that we need to use both Caps and Number for passwords,and when typing anything of length and the you realise that it is CAPS when it shouldn't be and has to be re-done is really annoying.For example tried to access a programme which locked me out eventually,so had to restart.There are some software out there,but usually not free,despite being advertised so,and in any event we are always just downloading without taking great care.

I did see a suggestion,but it just brought me here and have tried to find the answer,but to no avail.Why this small thing has been done (I am led to believe this came from Microsoft) I am at a loss.I am no tech geek-just an ordinary guy who bought something in good faith and then coincidentally after a year,this disappears and the nearest I can get is some site which I think is linked to Microsoft,with an offer to fix it for free,and then at the end want around $30 dollars to do so!!!!

Help-anyone,please.

( edited the title to add model name ) 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We suggest you try the following:

For Windows 10

Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings from the menu.

From the first screen scroll down on the right sided of the window until you see Advanced display settings and click on it.

Scroll down until you see "Display adapter properties" and click on it.

From the properties window that pops up you want to select the "Screen configurations" tab.  From there you can set the indicators for num and caps lock to display for a few seconds as opposed to displaying permanently.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • angelrob
    Options

Thanks.Got as far as "Display Adapter Properties" but nothing showing re "Screen Configuration Tab".Showed some Tabs but not this one.

But,just after I had posted my problem,I got an update and after this,the Caps and Number lock(s) reappeared.Might have been coincidence,or the update partly included restoring this.Not sure,but they are operating again.

Thanks anyway

Rob

BTW-my models is an Aspire F5-571 so the suggestion might be for ther models?.

• angelrob
    Options

I cannot find the Screen Configuration tab after following the steps you suggested.As previously stated it did start working and now just gone.So annoying.Have read somewhere that you can buy a download,but Microsoft can get lost.They already make Billions yet want more.So much for ethical trading.Anyway,any other suggestion.

• brummyfan2
    Options

angelrob wrote:

I cannot find the Screen Configuration tab after following the steps you suggested.As previously stated it did start working and now just gone.So annoying.Have read somewhere that you can buy a download,but Microsoft can get lost.They already make Billions yet want more.So much for ethical trading.Anyway,any other suggestion.

Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling Quick Access Aplication after downloading from Acer support site? If you haven't, give it a try:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• StephenEsseenyne
    StephenEsseenyne Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you, brummyfan2, that linked did it.