Brand new AXC-115-UR20 produces long continuous beep when powered up, never boots. What gives?

Options
rnieves
rnieves Member Posts: 2 New User

This is the second one I get like this, sent the first one back. This is a brand new AXC-115-UR20. I press the power button and I get a long continuous beep, screen never turns on, computer never posts. Monitor, keyboard and mouse are plugged in.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,073 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello mieves,

A long continous beep means that your desktop has a memory error (in your case, it's a random error).

As it is under warranty, I suggest you to contact your Acer support.

France

Answers

• Shinichy_Kudo
    Shinichy_Kudo Member Posts: 355 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good morning, attempts a drained of energy.

It is to disconnect from the current tower and hold down for 10 seconds the power button.

After you connect to the mains and turn on the computer again and see if gives image to the screen.

I hope you find it useful information, you have good day. Smiley Very Happy ^^

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,073 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello mieves,

A long continous beep means that your desktop has a memory error (in your case, it's a random error).

As it is under warranty, I suggest you to contact your Acer support.

France
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

If you had it happen twice, I don't think there's a problem with the computer.  I would guess that you have a power issue at your house.  If possible, can you take your computer to a friend, relative, or neighbor and see if it works there.  Or at least try a different electrical outlet in your home...in a different room.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rnieves
    rnieves Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Figured it out. RAM was not completely inserted. Great job building these things ACER. lol Hand crafted by three year olds.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Wow! That's incredulous that you would get two computers with the exact same problem (beep).

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not an Acer employee.