Boot Disk missing, OST Deleted

Options
marcuscharles91
marcuscharles91 Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi, I was trying to fix my mothers laptop as she had a virus on it. So what I did was I put a 16GB Flash drive and saved the recovery partion on it. Then I formated and deleted all of the partitions. Then I popped the Flash drive in, and then the WIndos 8 Logo showed up, asked me what to do, I went to Troubleshooting, Reset PC, Repartiion Drives and after several hours it finally finsihed.

I took the Flash drive out and turned off the laptop. Turned it on, and it saids No Bootable Device found. When I popped a Windows 7 Disc from my old computer into it and tried to install windows 7, it shows all my partitions are there, but idk why it wont boot.

Disk 0 Partition 1: Recovery         Total Size (600 MB)     Free Space (342MB)    Type: OEM (Reserved)

Disck 0 Partition 2: ESP                Total Size (300MB)     Free space (295MB)     Type: System

Disk 0 Partion 3                                            (128MB)                      (128 MB)               MSR(Reserved)

Disk 0 Partition 4: Acer                                  281GB                          262 GB               Primary

DIsk 0 Partition 5: Push Button reset               15.7GB                          2.1 GB               OEM (Reserved)

Idk what to do. The system came with windows 8. But since its not working, I installed windows 7 and it worked, I tried to used the Flash Drive that I stored the Backup Drivers but it saids I need Framework 4. something and I cant get it since I cant update due to my laptop not connecting to internet. idk what to do 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the Flash drive you created, was from Acer erecovery?

if so, you have to choose install and not Reset PC.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • marcuscharles91
    Options

yes the flash drive file I made was using acer erecovery, however when I plug it in and it loads the troubleshooting menu, doesnt have an option to install.

• marcuscharles91
    Options

basically I plug it in, loads windows 8 icon, then asks for English or French. Then keyboard type, then 1 option for refresh pc, 1 troubleshoot, 1 turn off. In the troubleshoot, doesnt show anything on install. But whats more odd is when I clicked the option for recovery image, said nothing found, and I clicked browse, and I managed to access the hardddrive, everything is there, c drive, program files, everything. So idk why it keeps saying missing boot 

• IronFly
    Options

are you installing using UEFI option on BIOS?

try to re-apply what you did and then after the boot disk missing, reboot and press ALT+F10, check if Acer erecovery starts.

also check if the first bootable device is Windows boot manager.

• marcuscharles91
    Options

At first, no, I was using Legacy cause it wouldn't let me boot or anything on UEFI option. So I switcxhed back by putting default settings.

I did Alt +f10 and this popped up in blue. Default Boot Device Missing or boot failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key Then select boot manager toi choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media. AFter I click Ok, a page pops up and saids on top Boot Manager. Below are these options.

Boot Option Menu

Legacy CD ROM

1. Unknown Device : Unknown Device

Legacy Hard Drive

2. Unknown Device: Unknown Device

• IronFly
    Options

The Acer erecovery USB flash drive must work on UEFI!

please wipe completly your HDD, disable secure boot and try to boot from the USB flash drive.

• marcuscharles91
    Options

how do I disable secure boot?

• marcuscharles91
    Options

I turned on my pc, hit F2, then I moved my tab to the boot section, and it saids

Boot Mode: [UEFI]  ***has option to change to Legacy

Secure Boot:  {Enabled}   *when I move up and down with arrow keys, it won't let me highlight it to change it

• marcuscharles91
    Options

And when I went to the Security Tab,

Only thing it will let me change is Set Supervisor Password and Sety HDD Password. 

Everything else is greyed out, wont let me change anything.

• marcuscharles91
    Options

Everytime that USB stick is in the computer, it always loads the windows 8 Logo, then choose English or French,Keyboard input type, and then Choose an option: Troubleshoot (Refresh Ur Pc/Reset Ur Pc/Advanced Otions) or Turn off PC

• IronFly
    Options

go for reset PC.

• marcuscharles91
    Options

When I got to Reset, It gives me 2 options, Yes Repartition Drives/ No keep Existing Partitions. WHen I choose No keep partitions, I get this error message: Unable to Reset ur PC. A required drive partition is missing. But when I do the first one, it starts reseting pc but takes several hours.

• IronFly
    Options

choose repartition your drive and be patient.

if it still gives you error on booting device, boot again from the USB flash drive, go to  troubleshoot - advanced - fix startup issue

• marcuscharles91
    Options

omg it worked. Omg Thank you so much. After the reset process finished, rather then looping back to the troubleshooting menu to reset again, it went straight to installing the boot drive. it worked. But I got 1 question, after the installation, do I have to reinstall the drivers or the USB I had automatically did it for me.

THanks again ur a lifesaver

• IronFly
    Options
    All drivers are already installed.