Black Screen problem on Acer Aspire 5733Z.

Options
Barnov
Barnov Member Posts: 11 New User

The screen on my aspire stays black on switch on.   I am able to use a remote monitor.   On the odd occassion whilst using the laptop the screen wil suddenly come on, but does not come on again following a switch off??   I have posted this problem before, but in attempting to thank a subscriber's answer using kudus the solution case resolved ticks showed in error.   Therefore I still have the black screen problem.   Have tried the suggestion of uninstalling adaptor with no success.   Any further suggestion much appreciated.   

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,076 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

If you move the screen of the laptop slowly (open/close), do you see anything?

France
  • Barnov
    Options

Remains black, thanks laurent_14.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    Barnov,

One of the easiest ways to attempt to rule out a hardware problem........is to save all of your important files to a USB backup drive. And then reset your computer to factory condition. It can be a pain to do something like that, but it can save you hours of troubleshooting.

Your computer should have pre-installed Acer software that allows you to reset your PC. There's several videos on this website and also on Acer's YouTube channel that shows you all the different ways to reset your computer.

You should also make a USB recovery drive too. It shows you how to do that too.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Barnov
    Options

Thank you for advice JordanB, I will do as you suggest and post results in due course.

• Barnov
    Options

Well JordonB did as you suggested. Has bought me more problems as now cannot reload from various back up discs, screen as before, comes on very occassionally when it wants to.   Therefore no solution to problem.   Have purchased Aspire E5-511, which is turning out to be a big mistake - am already posting problems with that.   Thanks anyway.