BLUETOOTH DRIVER

Options
JudeJesus44
JudeJesus44 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5738PG and I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I don't have BLUETOOTH.

I had an investigation and apparently there is no driver yet for Bluetooth windows 10.

Could someone help me to solve the problem ?

Many thanks

Julio 

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can you please post the BT module model?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JudeJesus44
    Options

My Dear Friend,

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately I don't know what the BT module is unless you give me an idea how to discovery it...

Many thnsk

Julio 

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• IronFly
    Options

First of all:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

or look on Device manager if under Bluetooth there are devices listed.

• JudeJesus44
    Options

I have a Bluetooth configuration on the control panel but when I click to set the configuration I receive a message saying that the application was not found. On my control panel I only have system and no System and Security. This control panel is in portuguese and maybe might have a different name...

• IronFly
    Options

Sorry i posted for windows 7, this is for windows 10:

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear Friend,

Thanks very much for your patience. I clicked on Device Manager and no yellow esclamation mark has appeared. It seems to me that there is no bluetooth driver installed...

Many thanaks for your help

Julio De Jesus

• IronFly
    Options

ok, can you post a screenshot of Device manager with the Bluetooth menu expanded?

or report which bluetooth devices are listed?

• JudeJesus44
    Options

My Dear Friend,

There is no Bluetooth on Device Manager. I have a Bluetooth configuration icon on control panel and when I click it it gives me a message: "application not found.."

Maybe you could get inside of my computer and see what is going on. I'll give you permission.

Many thanks

Julio De Jesus

• IronFly
    Options

At this point, i suggest you to try a driver update software like driver booster:

http://www.iobit.com/it/driver-booster.php

(double check all the installation request!!!)

this will help you find the correct drivers and update it.

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear Friend,

I have installed and paid € 29,00 for this program Driver Booster 4.2. It updated quite a few drivers but in relation to bluetooth driver nothing happened and I didn't see any option to look for that driver.

Please, as I said, the better way to solve this problem is you to enter in my computer and see what is going on.

Many Thanks

Julio 

• IronFly
    Options

i can't connect remotely to user PC, sorry.

about bluetooth is strange that driver booster wasn't unable to find drivers and you had to use the free version, not the paid one.

on program and features, can you see something related to Atheros or Qualcomm BT software?

windows logo key + x

Programs and features

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear Friend, because I couldn't find anything on free version, I decided to buy the paid version. I checked the programs and I found the Qualcomm Atheros and Qualcomm Gobi1000 installed but when I want to set up i receive  a message saying that the factory blocked the execution of this software...

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear friend, I bought the paid version because the free was very limited. I checked on my programs and found Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Driver installation and I also found Qualcomm Gobi driver package.

• IronFly
    Options

ok let's try another way:

download the Broadcomm driver here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=2130&lang=en

run the exe file, it will unzip and create a folder with the drivers, enter the new folder and run setup.exe

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear Friend,

I have done that installation the Broadcomm Bluetooth 12.0.1.921 and the driver appears on the programs and functions. Now I need to know what to do next. I have no idea how to discover bluetooth devices and paired via windows 10. I have a Sony SRS-X11 AUDIO SYSTEM AND PAIRED VIA MY CELL PHONE SONY.

Thanks very much for your help.

Julio de Jesus

• JudeJesus44
    Options

Dear Friend,

The Microsoft comunity didn't solve the problem. That's why I contacted ACER.

It seems to me that nobody knows what's going on with my computer. What I heard was that ACER doesn't provide a bluetooth driver for this PC model anymore...And I now why: sell more computers...

Thank you for yopur effort...

Julio De Jesus

• jokas
    jokas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    IronFly сказал:

хорошо, можете ли вы опубликовать снимок экрана диспетчера устройств с расширенным меню Bluetooth?

или сообщить, какие Bluetooth-устройства перечислены?

• Vasubbu
    Vasubbu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I don't know My laptop have a Blutooth driver or not...Please see the screen shot..
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Vasubbu

From the Device Manager, click on Network Adapter to expand it. If you have Bluetooth driver, it should be listed, probably the first item after you expanded it.