BIOS not Saving SSD as Default??? (DT ACER AT3-600-UB308 REC)

Options
Trester
Trester Member Posts: 4 New User

Computer - DT ACER AT3-600-UB308 REC
C: - SSD - Intel 530 Series 240 GB Internal SSD
Windows 7

10 Mb Ram

BIOS Vs: P11-B0

BIOS Build date: 04/29/2013

Been having a boot up problem in BIOS for my Intel SSD and totally stumped how to proceed. I have tried searching but not coming up with anything like the problem I am having. The computer has been working flawlessly for 2 years, and then problems started with no changes to my computer.

Started out with the BIOS dropping the SSD as default on boot-up. Would have to boot several times, changing the Boot-up sequence to the SSD several times in BIOS before the computer would boot from the SSD. Sometimes it does boot from the SSD, but usually have to change BIOS on boot. BIOS normally defaults to the Windows Bootup mgr

Sometimes the SSD does not show up as an option in BIOS, have to save BIOS configuration and reboot, always shows then. Under Advanced option of BIOS, the Intel shows up on AHCI Port0, so how can it not show up in the HDD Priority option?

Now the computer won’t boot at all. I change the BIOS to save the SSD as the boot drive but the symptom is as though the BIOS is not saving it?

* Replaced the battery for the motherboard, nothing.
* Replaced the cable for the SSD, nothing.
* Ran Intel SSD diagnostic program, everything passed. Used program to update firmware on SSD.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Answers