AspireXC-603G Ethernet Connection Issues

Options
partsgirl
partsgirl Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a Aspire XC-603G Desktop that cant / wont connect with the ethernet cord. I can connect wirelessly but not hardwired. I checked the device manager for conflicts and did not see the NIC card (Screen shot avail). Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue? I was connecting fine hardwired 4 days ago. We did have a bad storm that knocked out the electric, however, I did turn the PC off just before we lost power. Once the power was restored, I noticed the issue...(I know, dosent sound good) Any ideas?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

download the latest ethernet driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

install it and then try your connection, please try another cable too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • partsgirl
    Options

Running the Win10 Auto Installation Program, right? (And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the promt response!!)

• partsgirl
    Options

OK, I ran  Win10 Auto Installation Program from the link you provided. Repair was the only option, it looked good for a minute and then got a message that the Realtek Network Controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled, please unplug cable.

• IronFly
    Options

not good.

from device manager, uninstall your network adapter, choose to uninstall software too if prompted.

reboot and use Win10 auto installation

• partsgirl
    Options

Device manager 1.pngThat could be a problem, I do not see the Realtek listed under the Network Adaptor. Here's what I'm seeing::: I took a screen shot for you.

• IronFly
    Options

on device manager, click on View, click on show hidden devices and then take a better screenshot Smiley Very Happy