Aspire xc600 wflash now computer wont boot. What are my options?

Options
doreynolds
doreynolds Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

tried to upgrade the bios on my aspire xc600 i5 from windows 64bit. followed the readme. now bios wont boot machine - power on does nothing but beep once after 30 seconds. what are my options? will i need a new mb (can i get a replacement or alternative)?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Disconnect the power cable, open you case and take off the little round battery inside (it's in the upper part of the mainboard).

wait 5 minutes, put back battery and reconnect the power cable, try to boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • doreynolds
    Options

Thank you for taking time to reply.

I've removed the battery for 5 mins but restarting has the same issues as before.

Do you have any other ideas (also, is it possible to reset the board / prom by shorting pins?)

• IronFly
    Options

What you did, removing battery, etc etc, it's a CMOS reset, so even shorting with pin doesn't solve the issue.

I can only suggest you to disconnect HDD,DVD, ram modules from the mainboard, external USB periphericals apart keyboard and try to boot.

by the way XC600 doesn't have a BIOS beep code but it need a PCI/ISA board with led display to check error messages.

• doreynolds
    Options

can now boot but message says no bootaable disk. can boot from win dvd into cmd mode and all data on disk. must have lost boot knowledge.thx for all help and for keeping me sane.

• IronFly
    Options

So you can boot with DVD and HDD connected but says no bootable disk?