Aspire xc600 bios updATE

Options
dans
dans Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi I have a Acer Aspire xc600 Desktop. The hard drive in it is crashed .I installed a new hardrive. Tried to boot from a windows 10 cd but it cannot boot. I am getting no boot device error . I checked the bios I am not seeing no harddrive neither no cd drive present . Although there is both of them hooked up to  the motherboard.I also have the secure boot dissabled.

I decided to try an flash the bios .To see if an upadte will help . i dont knw how to get the file to install on the bios . I have already downloaded the bios file for windows . 

The only way I can get the the desktop to boot is if i boot from a usb hardrive with windows installed on it . 

Can you give me step by step as to what to do in order to install the bios program . The usb hardrive has windows 10 but there isnt any acer bundled programs on it ...

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can try one last thing to reset your BIOS and hope it will read your DVD-HDD.

disconnect the AC power cable, open the left side of your case, take off the CMOS battery (the silver round battery), press power button twice and then wait 5 minutes to put everything back.

boot to BIOS and check if your DVD-HDD are listed, if not...probably your SATA controller is gone.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

is your BIOS set to UEFI?

about HDD and DVD not listed, did you check under SATA devices?

• dans
    Options

In this bios the default is set to uefi.The bios settings are they different .When you check under dvd drives and hardrives nothing is showing . What can i do next??

• IronFly
    Options

So if you (on BIOS) go to - Miscellaneous - Advanced

AHCI ports information are empty?

if so, double check your SATA cables and try to connect one at each time, boot to BIOS and check if it's listed.

• dans
    Options

OK i did what u said Changed the sata cable hooked it up one at a time .Still no luck in getting the drives to show

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can try one last thing to reset your BIOS and hope it will read your DVD-HDD.

disconnect the AC power cable, open the left side of your case, take off the CMOS battery (the silver round battery), press power button twice and then wait 5 minutes to put everything back.

boot to BIOS and check if your DVD-HDD are listed, if not...probably your SATA controller is gone.

• dans
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply . I did what you said to remove the cmos battery n reset it. You know what sucess at last . Harddrive n dvd is now showing in the bios.
    I would like to thank you Iron Fly for your time n effort you placed on this post....... Keep up the good work
  • IronFly
    Options

You welcome.