Aspire m3420 bios udpate help

Options
Germ
Germ Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello. I am trying to update the bios on my aspire m3420 so that I can run an evga gtx 750ti. Current bios is P01-A1 on a aahd3-vc mobo. I've tried using the updates from the acer webiste but upon rebooting the flash does not stick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your bios is P01-A1, you are as far as you can go.Notice P01-A1 is not in the list of Bios. The P01-A1L is but it's not your bios.You will also notice the size of the Bioses there are larger than yours and the new Bios has to be the exact size as yours to install.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your bios is P01-A1, you are as far as you can go.Notice P01-A1 is not in the list of Bios. The P01-A1L is but it's not your bios.You will also notice the size of the Bioses there are larger than yours and the new Bios has to be the exact size as yours to install.

• Germ
    Options

Dang, that's a bummer. Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to upgrade my mobo to use this card and still retian use of the a10-5700 cpu? Or is that just silly? This noob once again thanks you for your help.

• philetus
    Options

I only see one motherboard listed for this. This may be an upgraded MB and they don't list yours any more.

Compare yours to this one and see if all the numbers and revision are the same or different.

Also is it worth spending around this amount to upgrade the old desktop?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Aspire-M3420-Desktop-Motherboard-uATX-AMD-A75-DDR3-DB-SKN11-001-AAHD3-VC-/271902910487?hash=item3f4ead2817:g:0aMAAOSwCZ5Vfx6c

• Germ
    Options

That's the exact pile of dung that's already in there. Thinking this may work in case any onlookers are interested. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4909#ov  Says it's backward compatible with fm2 sockets and supports uefi unlike my current mobo. If anybody sees an issue with these please let me know. Probably going to order this soon.

• Germ
    Options
  • wrk
    wrk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.
    is it possible to update the BIOS of the motherboard?

video card gv-n730d5-2GI
    MB AAHD3-VC rev1.02

BIOS verison P01-A01

When I install the graphics card the system doesn't start.
    Only the start-up screen of BIOS whith logo ACER.

support is not responding.

Please, help me!

• Germ
    Options
    I don't about much your card but if it requires uefi you'll either have to get a newer mobo or an older card. I went with an fm2+ mobo.