Aspire Z5700 Windows 10 drivers

Options
Redbomber
Redbomber Member Posts: 3 New User

Where can I find drivers that support Win 10 for the Aspire Z5700? Thank you for your time. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you need to search them manually from hardware manufacter or let windows 10 updates do it for you.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Redbomber
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying but I'm not really the best when it comes to these kinds of things. I've wasted hours trying to fix this and this is my thrid try currently. I tried to install Windows 10 and keep getting a black screen.

So, I went to my uncle who is pretty smart around computers and he messaged me saying "Disconnect computer from TV and go to acer website and download all windows 10 drivers for your model. Aspire Z5700. 

Where do I go to search up these drivers manually? Links would be awesome.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help people like me. Smiley Happy 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

keep getting a black screen, can you describe it better?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Redbomber
    Options

After the Windows 10 instalation finishes all I get is a black screen where I can't move the mouse or do anything.

My first attempt the mouse was frozen in the middle of the black screen and my second attempt there was no mouse pointer.

After waiting a good 30 minutes to an hour (both times) I turned off the computer and it kept restarting till it gave me a message saying "reinstalling previous windows version".

Then after a while, I'm back to how my computer originally was with Windows 7 Home Premium. 

• condry
    condry Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

Me too.  Why does Acer not have a quick update package to at least list what is needed.  I keep getting the black screen as well.

My 2 Lenovo machines updated fine but the Acer hangs

• condry
    Options

Same problem.  It seems to be stepping thouogh the upgrade and rather than finishing it just hangs with a black no information screen.   A restart says it fails and goes by to Windows 7 Home Premium

• manicmechanic
    manicmechanic Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

it seems to be a video driver issue im having the same problem. ive noticed in the folder with the installation files for windows 10 there is a driver for the INTEL HD graphics version 8.15.10.290 but the driver i currently have installed on windows 7 is 8.15.10.2993 im going to try and delete the folder with the new driver in it before the upgrade starts as i think this is causing the issue.

• manicmechanic
    Options

ok people i found the fix for this issue what you need to do is do the upgrade as normal but once its downloaded the files via windows update you get a prompt to start the upgrade dont start it yet, look for a folder on your hard drive where your windows installation is this should be C  and the folder is called C:\$Windows.~BT but the folder is a hidden folder so you will need to unhide hidden folders then inside that folder is a drivers folder open it and the following folder called DU i deleted everything in this folder which are basically driver updates from windows update. If you delete all these files then start the upgrade process your installation should work without a hitch. you could then do driver updates one by one via windows update or just leave the system on the old windows 7 drivers as i have done. hope this helps guys

Another thing i did before i attempted this install was to update the bios to the latest one available from acer i dont think you need to do this as im certain it was a graphics card issue so i would attempt it without the bios update first. 

I might add if any of you use the TV card  to watch television you might want to try and find a program that will allow you to as once windows 10 is installed mediacentre will no longer be there for you to watch TV on.

• condry
    Options

Did your update work?

• manicmechanic
    Options
    Yes it did windows 10 installed and works as it should no issues
  • condry
    Options

There was only one exe file there I deleted it and we will se how it goes

• condry
    Options

when you say directory DU - do you mean DUdownload?

There is a drivers directory and a DUdownload with lots of stuff. 

• manicmechanic
    Options

in that hidden folder called $Windows.~BT there is a folder called Drivers and inside that folder is another called DU inside this folder I had eleven other folders with updates for various components and one other file called setupPlatform.ini I deleted all these folders and the setupPlatform.ini file. also i waited until the very last pronpt to delete those files the one where it says install now or schedule for later just in case it downloaded them again. i beleive before that point there was a folder by the name you stated.

• manicmechanic
    Options
    Has anyone tried this using the fix I posted?
  • condry
    Options

Thank you for posting.  Yes, I tried once and failed (black screen as before).  Thank time I  used the USB stick.  I will try again with Windows update and delete ../drivers/DU files and see if that works.  I woudl like to see if others were successful.

• goforich
    goforich Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for this. Finally got it worling. I had to follow the intstall right to the place where it mentioned about the Media Centre, before I saw the right directories. Initial install was low resolution but it suddenly sorted itself out and went for the full native screen resolution. Many thanks manicmechanic

• manicmechanic
    Options
    Glad you got it sorted I had the same issue with the screen resolution but as you say it sorted itself out and apart from a few freezes on kodi it's been pretty stable so far
  • Mog
    Mog Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks to the instructions from "manicmechanic" all is well.  I followed the advice to remove the drivers just before starting the upgrade and the install completed without any problems.  Thanks "manicmechanic"

mog