Aspire Z3-715 - Sudden loss of Bluetooth capabilities

Options
DaleH
DaleH Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Suddenly my bluetooth stopped working.  I had headphones going, watching a movie and then nothing. 

When I went to troubleshoot, I found no radio toogle to turn bluetooth on or off in bluetooth settings.  This was after I got the message that I needed to turn bluetooth on this Windows device.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled bluetooth driver from Acer after no bluetooth was showing up in Device Manager.  This is even when viewing hidden services.

I am attaching all the screen shots I have.  Right now all that I have connected is my wireless keyboard.  Searching for devices does not pick up anything, just gives me the error message that I need to turn on bluetooth.Capture.PNGDevice Manager Showing hidden.PNGServices running.PNG

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• DaleH
    DaleH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Update:  I did try Acer chat to resolve the issue and was told I had two options, send the machine in and be without for several weeks or try a complete reinstall of Windows, loosing all my settings, apps and updates, requiring hours of my time.  I was advised that Acer does not do remote troubleshooting.

Very sad for a system, one of two bought at the same time, that is less than 5 months old.

Any other suggestions from this end would be appreciated.