Aspire Z1-621 as Display/Audio for console gaming

Options
PseudoVerus
PseudoVerus Member Posts: 2 New User

AZ1-621 All-in-One Computer, running Windows 10, with all drivers up to date with their most recent builds.

I am at a loss as to why built-in my speakers aren't supporting sound through my PS4 when connected with HDMI input with all settings from the console and AIO are set for HDMI. Days of trying to research this has lead me nowhere with various threads are responding with extreme lamen ideas, such as "did you make sure that the PS4 settings are set to HDMI?", or they just go unanswered. As much as I like my headset when it's needed to communicate with others for multiplayer, it is frustrating that I have to jack myself into my controller just to hear the games that I play when my speakers work fine in PC mode and refuse to switch over.

The closest answer that came to solving this issue was someone advising to try the console settings via the buttons on the back, however this was a bust since the only settings under sound for HDMI are volume control and no selection for input at all. Buying extra hardware to solve this isn't really an option either as I have limited space for setup and even more limited on resources so if anyone could figure this out for me it would be very much appreciated.