Aspire XC-710 and changing hardware

FSO
FSO Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

my question is can my local Acer service office help me change any hardware of my desktop PC?

In particular I'd like to change my hard drive, also perhaps add more RAM and if my graphics card can't be fixed then change, possibly upgrade it too.

If changing at least hard drive is possible then can I install on it Windows 7 pro that I own already?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think that any computer shop around your town can help you and be cheaper than Acer service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FSO

most likely but I would like to keep my guarantee if possible

• IronFly

i suggest you to give a call to your regional Acer support service and ask them directly if this will void your warranty or not.

• FSO

No, I mean doing it at Acer's to keep the guarantee. I can't believe it would be possible to do it someone's else to keep the guarantee.

So what I'm getting from the previous replies the answer to my original question is yes.

FYI I know I can call the office, the only reason I'm not doing that is it's past the working hours for them and I need the answer before tomorrow

• IronFly

they can't answer here, since this forum is maintained by the USA branch not the EU and warranty is managed in different ways from country to country.