Aspire XC-705 I have 2 screens

Howard1
Howard1 Member Posts: 8 New User

I have two screens the one with the HDMI input works fine, but the older screen with the VGA output from PC seems not to work. My other computer will drive the same screens ok. so nothing wrng wiht the screen.  Is the VGA disabled?

Best Answer

• Howard1
    Answer ✓

Found the problem,  I down loaded updated the Navada driver, and in this it shows screen connected and a tick box to select.  this fixed it.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Howard1,

I have basically the same computer and have connected two monitors...one to HDMI and one to VGA.  But on my computer, I was just using the Intel HD4600 graphics.

Did your computer come with a graphics card like the NVIDIA GeForce GT 705?

What operating system came pre-installed on your computer?

What operating system are you using now?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Howard1

There is a graphics card or what looks like one at the base of the tower. this has both a HDMI and I think a DVI slot. the PC came with the original HDMI and VGA ports covered with a blanking cover. also there was an adaptor for the DVI to VGA converter.

It came with Windows 8 and is upgraded to windows 10.

• JordanB

Are you using the DVI to VGA converter?  I think you're supposed to use that.  So I guess you'd plug the HDMI in to the available HDMI from your graphics card  (at the bottom) and then plug the VGA in to available to DVI (using the converter).

Anyway, I added a graphics card to one of my PCs so I no longer use the outputs that I orginally did.  I use the ones at the base (bottom) of the computer where the graphics card outputs are.

For Windows 10, you just press and hold the Windows Key on your keyboard and then tap the letter P. That will bring up your selections for extended, duplicate..etc....  

I use the "Extended" because my monitors have different resolutions.  But you can play around with it a little bit.

• Howard1

Hi.  Yes I undertand about selecting the extention screen. that is how had the old PC set up. I trid all this.  even if I unplug the HDMI so it has the one screen connected via the DVI addapted to VGA slot the screen stays blank.

• JordanB

Ok.  Can  you disconnect the power cable from your monitor (the vga monitor), and then restart your computer.  Then plug vga monitor back in to power...electical outlet.

• Howard1

I have powered of the monitor several times. also my old screen had 2 VGA slots. the first was th eold PC the second the new. I reveresed these so the new is now in plus 1. and old in plug 2.  powered off completly old PC.. reboted new several times and powered on and or screen.

If I then switch on pld PC up comes the screen again. so I know both ports work on the screen and the screen works.

• JordanB

Yeah, for troubleshooting purposes, you should keep your old PC turned off and completely disconnected from the VGA monitor at all times.

I'm out of ideas at the present moment.  Maybe someone else can give you some suggestions.

• Howard1

Many thanks for your efforts. good night.

• Howard1
    Answer ✓

Found the problem,  I down loaded updated the Navada driver, and in this it shows screen connected and a tick box to select.  this fixed it.