Aspire TC-780A-UR12 PCIe bus not working

Options
TBFreeland
TBFreeland Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have tried installing 2 different PCIe video cards, 1 is a PCIe 2.0 and the other is a PCIe 3.0.

Regardless of which card is installed, the PC will not boot. It hangs at the POST. Once I remove the card it will boot fine again.

There is a section in the BIOS regarding which video device it should use but it is greyed out and not accessible. There is some kind of mention in the BIOS about an Administrator Mode, but there is no information online or in the manual about how to access this or how to enable the PCIe bus.

I have a Case # from the weekend, #4780563U that you can look at. Your weekend support technicians are little better than CSRs, as they know nothing about computers. I spoke with 3 different agents and none of them even new what a POST is. One vehemently refuse to escalate my call after more than 10 requests. The final agent I spoke to called himself "Hamlet" and informed me that Tire 2 technicians are not available on weekends.

I need at least a Tier 2 Technical Support Agent to respond to me regarding the issues I am having. I have tried getting to this to work on 2 different 780A-UR12 models.