Aspire TC-603 windows 10 update fail to complete

Lemanitou
Lemanitou Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

Anyone managed to install windows 10 on their TC-603?

It just fail with no error code, it just revert straight back to windows 8.1 after the last step (configuration).

Any idea?

Thanks

Answers

• Houlet
    Houlet Member Posts: 2 New User

DON'T DO IT!

I have windows 10 on a i-7 based Tc-603. It worked perfectly until the November update, when my problems began. Since November I have been unable to use Cortana, apps, sore, to update my microsoft account etc etc. I'm told that I am off-line, meanwhile Google Chrome connects to the internet seemlessly . The anniversary update has not improved matters.

Microsoft will not let me go back to W8.1, Acer do not support this model for W10, so I'm left with a partially working computer in spite of it being relatively new.

I thought I might solve the problem by going to Linux, especailly as I'm zigged off with Microsoft but Acer support tell me that is not a good idea either.

I have an older i-5 based Acer laptop which has been upgraded successfully.

The fact is we have both been sold a pup, computer which is not upgradable. I'm not happy with either Microsoft or Acer so I suspect my next unit will be an Apple.

• fadildalipi
    fadildalipi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I do have Acer Inspire tc-603 with installed Windows 10 Home, 64bit.
    But, I realized that bios firmware is P11-B0 instead of latest P11-A4 advertised for tc-603.
    It's working fine and smothly. Dedicated card Nvidia Quadro K2200, 16GB Ram and 512GB SSD.
  • Karthik21
    Karthik21 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Lemanitou said:

Hi,

Anyone managed to install windows 10 on their TC-603?

It just fail with no error code, it just revert straight back to windows 8.1 after the last step (configuration).

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi,

Aspire TC-605 is compatible for windows 10 so don't worry. The issue is fixable by the following steps.

Try installing the new operating system windows 10 with this link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Click on Download now.
  • Aanand
    Aanand Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi, Try to Re-Install the OS and Install New Windows Updates.

-> Just follow the Instructions Below if you're using W10 on this computer for more than 2 Months.

How to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to Correct Boot Issues

What can I do if my Computer fails while installing Windows updates or will not boot to Windows?

This article provides information on how to create and use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. You can use this tool to restore your system if it will not boot to Windows or if it fails to start after installing a Windows update. Symptoms you may experience are:

1. System continually restarts after displaying the Acer splash screen
    2. System boots to a black screen
    3. Windows Updates fail to install

This process requires another PC with internet access, and a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of storage space. The data on the USB flash drive will be erased to create the Windows 10 bootable flash drive.

Creating the Windows 10 USB flash drive

1. Visit the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website - https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    2. Click Download Tool Now.
    3. Save the Application.
    4. Plug your USB Flash Drive into the PC where you saved the application.
    5. Run the Application.
    6. Accept the EULA
    7. Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next.
    8. Choose the correct settings for your version of Windows 10.
      • Language (Country)
      • Windows 10
      • 64-bit (x64)
    9. Click Next.
    10. Select USB Flash Drive and click Next.
    11. Select the Flash Drive and click Next.

Allow the application to complete. You will be prompted when it is finished and has successfully created the bootable drive.

Reloading Windows with the Media Creation Tool:

1. Press and hold the Power key for five seconds to turn off your computer.
    2. Plug in the USB Drive that contains the Media Creation Tool files.
    3. Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS.
    4. In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.
    5. Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter.
    6. Highlight Enabled and press Enter.
    7. Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.
    8. As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager.
    9. Select the USB HDD and press Enter. The Windows Setup environment will launch.
    10. Select your Language, Time and Keyboard, then click Next.
    11. Click Install Now.
    12. Accept the license terms and click Next.
    13. You will be prompted with choices:
    • Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings and applications. This option should work for most users and should save most personal files. If you attempt this and run into errors, we suggest the next option.
    • Custom: Install Windows only (advanced). This option allows you to determine the location where you want to install Windows. Using this option will erase all personal data.