Aspire TC-220 dead bios

nosferatu13uk
nosferatu13uk Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

during a foolish move or uninstalling the AMD sata drivers on the PC, the machine rebooted several times and thenwent into the bios set up, and subsequently what i believe was a recovery mode writing several "new blocks"

eventually the machine shut down and ever since have not been able to get it to start.

when i push the power button the light does not come on but i hear the cd drive attempting to be accessed, in addition to the processor fan building up to and remaining at full speed.

I have contacted Acer who have told me this model is a PC World / Currys only warranty only so declined to help me. Upon calling the retailer they said i needed to contact ACER.

i am now left a PC with what i think is a blank bios, although reading some of the posts online there are suggestions that i can somehow copy bios files onto a cd as the machine may be looking for replacement bios files, and as the USB ports are not active, it must be awaiting a file via CD.

if anyone can offer any help or guidance i would be most appreciative as am at a total loss.

i believe in reading further online that the bios and motherboard for the tc-220 and tc-215 are the same, but sold as variations so that PC World / Currys have an exclusive model number.

Many thanks in advance,  Leon

Answers