Aspire TC-220, Windows 10 - recovery backup.

Options
Ozzy13
Ozzy13 Member Posts: 18 New User

Hello all,

Just bought subject desktop a few days ago.  Try as I may, I am not able to create a 'recovery drive'.  I have tried all types of blank media - DVD, USB (various sizes starting at 1MB) & a 1T external hard drive.  Always get message that 'there was a problem creating the recovery drive'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

apart the error message, there is any written error code?

something like 0x00.........

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ozzy13
    Options

Hi and thanks for your response.

Unfortuately, no error code.  Just the message 'A problem occured while creating the recovery disk', as shown in the attached print screen.  Believe me I have tried everything.  But always get same message.  

Many thanks 

image001.png

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

ok, let's narrow a few things.

to create a recovery backup, normally a 16-32GB USB flash drive is needed.

can you please post a screenshot of Disk management?

windows logo key + x

Disk management

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ozzy13
    Options

Hi & thanks again.  I truly appreciate your assistance.  Unfortunately, I must put this issue on the back burner for a few days.  Maybe I can get back to you then if ok.

Best Regards

• nash72
    nash72 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i have the same pc and the dvd drive is not that great,  you have to push the dvd tray in slowly on both sides so it loads properly.  i had to do that acouple of times for the dvd to pick up that a disc was in the drive.  hope it helps abit.  keep the window (this pc) open so you see if the dvd changes on the left side of the window.

• Ozzy13
    Options

Hi Nash,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.  However, my problem is creating the recovery backup disk; not accessing the disk. 

Regards

nash72 wrote:

i have the same pc and the dvd drive is not that great,  you have to push the dvd tray in slowly on both sides so it loads properly.  i had to do that acouple of times for the dvd to pick up that a disc was in the drive.  hope it helps abit.  keep the window (this pc) open so you see if the dvd changes on the left side of the window.