Aspire TC-120 Won'T boot anymore since windows 10

Burritos
Burritos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Greetings folks, I got a problem with my Aspire Tc-120 since i installed windows 10. I'm fairly skilled but theres one thing i can't figure out yet.  I saw there was a bios upgrade to fix that problem. I upgraded my bios with the win flash utility. Now i'm on the EFI thing, and i can't find a way to use it, it says i to make a bootable flash drive, but how can i do it? i don'T wanna loose my data on my hard drive, do you guys have any solution for me?

it tell me to insert a bootable drive ( pc won't recognine my hard drive)

I tried to install windows on another hard drive to boot that's how i succeded at updating my WIN, but then the problem came back, still can't boot.

Thanks for your answers, i hope i've been specific enough about my problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

so, prior the BIOS update it booted?

have you tried to set launcCSM on BIOS?

1.Completely shut down your computer.

2.Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter the

BIOS.

3.Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.

4.With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.

5.Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.

6.With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.

7.Press Enter.

8.Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Burritos
    Burritos Member Posts: 2 New User

in installled windows on another hard drive, and it only booted once, i mean, this time i installed windows, and the stopped working. of cours I did all those things. I successfully flashed with the WIN thing. Still dosent boot, i guess i must completly flash the bios, but i can't find a way to flash the EFI section, I need to make a bootable flash device to do so, and i don't know how to do it. And no it haven't booted after the Bios update. unfortunatly