Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire TC-105 memory upgrade problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

My TC-105 came with 6Gb RAM (4+2) and I have just increased this to 12Gb (4+4+2+2). Machine restarted ok and the system shows 12Gb installed, but only 7.95Gb usable. Why can't it use all of the available memory?

S/N DTSREEK006

cheeers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACE Pathfinder

Re: Aspire TC-105 memory upgrade problem

Hello,

Did you install them like this?

Spoiler
Image_1.png

2 REPLIES
ACE Pathfinder

Hello,

Did you install them like this?

Spoiler
Image_1.png

New User

Thanks Laurent. Worked a treat. Original memory was 4Gb in DIMM1 and 2Gb in DIMM3. However, a swag of wiring obscured the numbering of the slots, so I put the new 4Gb in DIMM3 and 2Gb in each of the other slots. System now shows a full 12Gb available.

Ashteadboy

Announcements
Predator Gaming is the proud official partner and monitor sponsor for the 2017 League of Legends World Championship! Follow @PredatorGaming on Instagram & Twitter for exclusive content and real-time coverage. #SummonYourStrength #Worlds2017

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor