Aspire ME600 does not get to BIOS after HD repair

Options
SeanM
SeanM Member Posts: 3 New User

I am looking for how to reload the BIOS after my ME600 has failed to boot after repairing the hard drive (had recoverable sectors in first area of the disk).  I get no video (HDMI or analog) or keyboard.   Hard drive and CD-Rom can be heard performing their POST.  Keyboard light blink once on a power off.  I cannot find any instructions online or in the manual on how to reset the BIOS / CMOS.  I do see jumpers for both the CMOS and BIOS but nothing regarding what / how to use them.  I have removed the CMOS battery and let the machine sit for hours with no luck.  Only the OEM hardware is in the machine.  On boot the system appears to try and reload something as it powers on for about 30 seconds before restarting itself.  On second boot there is no change and the cpu stays on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Disconnect HDD/DVD and leave just one ram stick, then try to boot to BIOS.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SeanM
    Options

No difference in boot.  Just to be diligent swapped out the single stick with no delta.

• IronFly
    Options

Honestly i don't think the culript is the HDD repair, since it can't boot to BIOS even without the HDD.

• SeanM
    Options

Also tried changing out the CMOS battery but I agree.   I think it was just a very odd coincidence.  What I am looking for though are the steps to try and reload the bios from usb. 

• IronFly
    Options

without a video signal i doubt you will be able to do a BIOS recovery.