Aspire M1610?

Daopa
Daopa Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello. I have the above machine that was zapped by a current spike. It has a new motherboard, new HD and new RAM. Running W-10. Once it gets beyond the booting, it is fine and snappy but getting it to boot is the problem. It takes up to 5 minutes to get to the point where it runs as expected. The 10 white marbles go around and around for all this time.

I got to Task Manager and Startup and Disabled all that I thought is not neccessary. The CPU still runs at 100 % most of the time. Occasionally drops to 33%. There is something asking to be loaded and run thus the CPU is pegged at 100%, I have not yet found out what this could be. Any idea ?

I will be forever thankful. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do a clean boot and if it boots up correctly, you know it's software and you can then disable startup items one at a time until you find the culprit.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

• Daopa

Hello, Philetus. I had a feeling that you would be the one coming back to me, you are all over the place, thank you.

I did a clean boot a while back and more since, no joy. I have also, "disabled" all that I could think of in Startup, still no joy. I got to think that when the MoBo was zapped, that it also ( maybe ) took along one of the duo-core. The CPU is the only item that is still original. New HD, RAM, OS. The very funny part is that when it boots fully, it is as snappy as ever. It then runs fine. The boot alone is questionable, 12 minutes ! If I "power-switch" it off and restart, then it is +/- normal, 1.10 minutes.

Where can I get a new CPU for these machines ? Or even an old one as long as it runs.

Have a great day.

• Daopa

Hello, Philetus.

Back at you. It is deffnitely hardware. I kept an old HD with W-8.1 and I have the same problem.

Got onto eBay and these CPUs are dime/dozen. I will try one when I get it.

thanks for your reply and have a nice day.  J.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I hope that solves your problem.

• Daopa

Nice two-wheel.

I have a Fly, 49 cc.

I will let you know when the CPU is received. Give it one month.   JP.