Aspire E15 Trackpad issue - stops working intermittently

Dumpster
Dumpster Member Posts: 1 New User

Hiya

I bought an Aspire E15 laptop and the trackpad on it is most unusual.  If I put my finger on and move the pointer around and around the pointer will suddenly stop moving after afew seconds and won't work again unless I remove my finger from the pad and start again.  Sometimes it takes three or four attempts to make it work again.  It also seems a comple gamble as to whether I can drag a scrollbar.  

What information do you need from me to help diagnose the problem please?  Thank you!

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

I am not sure what E15 you have but I will go by one I know or think I know anyway..

Aspire ES1-512-C1W0 as called a E15

If you go to the Acer page for Drivers and what not maybe it could be as easy as installing a new driver... Have you tried the update of the driver off Acers website? Also what Version of Windows are you using now? If it was a problem when you first got the Laptop and you tried to restore the software ot update the drivers and it didnt work right I would have taken it back for a replacement... 

If you are having an issue with your Trackpad after you have updated to Windows 10, They do have for this model anyway Windows 10 drivers. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5611;-;Aspire%20ES1-512  It could be just needing a new or good driver...

I am not sure and I can't say that I have had any issue with the E15 other then some normal that a restart solves. 

James