Aspire E1-510 WI-FI problem- Melting.... please help!!

Options
vintage_sparkle
vintage_sparkle Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I am trying to fix my grandfather's laptop... he has somehow turned off the laptop's wifi capabilities.

After dredging the internet, I am led to believe that the only way to turn the WIFI on and off is through the fn button. But, you guessed it, the fn and F3 button combination won't work!

Other people's solutions (to enable the fn/F3 capabilities) have been to download 'acer launch manager', however this is apparently non compatible with windows 8.1? I've tried downloading it from various sources and I can't even get the downloads to 'run', they just download as zipfiles with no sort of 'install' folder inside.

What is bothering me is... if the fn button doesn't work without the launch manager, and I can't download the launch manager without wifi or on windows 8.1, how did he even turn it off?!?!?! It's not even an option on the network settings anymore, it's like it has disappeared!

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease help me, I am dying a slow 'trying to fix my grandparents laptop, after everytime they touch it, but this time it is not happening' death...

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,089 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Do you see the wifi icon Icône de réseau sans fil in notification area?

If yes click on it and you'll see the slide buttons (Airplane and wifi).

About Acer Launch manger:

1. Go to Acer Recovery Manager
    2. Click on Reinstall Drivers or Applications (you'll find here the original dirvers and applications)
    3. Install Launch Manager
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,089 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Do you see the wifi icon Icône de réseau sans fil in notification area?

If yes click on it and you'll see the slide buttons (Airplane and wifi).

About Acer Launch manger:

1. Go to Acer Recovery Manager
    2. Click on Reinstall Drivers or Applications (you'll find here the original dirvers and applications)
    3. Install Launch Manager
    France
  • vintage_sparkle
    vintage_sparkle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you so much!

It seems like the wifi was completely uninstalled! By opening the acer recovery management I was able to reinstall it. I am very much relieved! Thank you again!