Aspire E-700 unable to boot on USB

Options
LeVolatile
LeVolatile Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone,

I have an USB booteble flash drive that does'nt bott on my ASPIRE E-700.

In the BIOS, I tried to set the priority order to boot on USB. I tried every "advanced USB option" with no success. I also tried the boot menu that appear when pressing F12 at ACER logo. The hard drive and CDROM drive both appear but not my USB drive. This same USB drive appear in Windows Explorer and I can see all the files, so I know the drive is good.

Can somebody help me please?

Regards

Best Answer

• LeVolatile
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi philetus,

Yes my USB is bootable. No I did N't tried it on another computer because I don't have access to another one for now but I solver the problem myself. Lockily I pressed the "hard drive" option at the boot menu. Is was very happy to see a sub-menu listing all my drives including USB! I personally considing this a minor design fraw about this BIOS. It would had been a lot less confusing to write "UBS" option right at the preceiding menu level. Also, the manual (even the Service Manual !) is not cleau about just all BIOS options.

Anyway, despite this little "flaw", the machine seen to be good quality construction and working quite fine. I have it since 2 years now running Win XP and Linux. I am very satisfied with such an affordable second hand computer!

Thanks a lot philetus for your prompt answer

LeVolatile

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you sure the USB is bootable? Can you try it on another computer?

In your Bios, is "Boot other Device" enabled?

• LeVolatile
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi philetus,

Yes my USB is bootable. No I did N't tried it on another computer because I don't have access to another one for now but I solver the problem myself. Lockily I pressed the "hard drive" option at the boot menu. Is was very happy to see a sub-menu listing all my drives including USB! I personally considing this a minor design fraw about this BIOS. It would had been a lot less confusing to write "UBS" option right at the preceiding menu level. Also, the manual (even the Service Manual !) is not cleau about just all BIOS options.

Anyway, despite this little "flaw", the machine seen to be good quality construction and working quite fine. I have it since 2 years now running Win XP and Linux. I am very satisfied with such an affordable second hand computer!

Thanks a lot philetus for your prompt answer

LeVolatile