Aspire AXC-603; updated bios and now hdd and usb not recognized. old bios P21-B1C1

algren
algren Member Posts: 2 New User

OK, upgrade to windows 10 and also wanted to update the bios to the current version.  Flashed P11.B4 as that is what Acer showed as the most current bios and now cmos does not recognize the hdd or usb drives. I have booted from my USB flash drive with my laptop so I know it works.

Currious is that the only drive it seems to see is the windows10 installation usb.  I startup with that and went to cmd prompt; re-flashed to P11.b2 to see if that helped but no luck, same issue, does not see any drives.

The original bios was P21-B1C1 but cant find that anywhere.....

Any suggestions??

Answers

• algren
    algren Member Posts: 2 New User

UPDATE; the problem has been resolved.....found that the system would recognize the windows 10 upgrade usb.  Copied the new bios P11.B4 to the usb drive, booted into the windows setup, selected REPAIR, Advanced and then went to the CMD prompt in windows update.

Navigated to the "win" version of the flash update and flashed.....rebooted, selected CSM enabled and then WOW, the HDD, CDROM and USB drives are now recognized....

Hope this may help someone else..