Aspire 8951G Windows 10 upgrade, wireless not working.

RunsWthScissors
RunsWthScissors Member Posts: 7 New User

Upgraded our Aspire 8951G to Windows 10.  Wireless stopped working.

Running the trouble-shooter revealled:

Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing

I downloaded the latest Wireless drivers from here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Driver installed from that page:

Wireless LANBroadcomWireless LAN Driver6.30.59.2034.5 MB2012/10/18

The problem presists

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

sadly looking up your model of laptop it would seem that it isn't on the list of being one of the system that has Windows 10 drivers....

With that said, I am not saying that your computer can't run 10, Just there is issues that can come about with drivers. I would say that if your only issue with 10 is the ability to use your WIFI I would say that isn't to bad, However there is one other issue with your version of laptop, That is if your using the i7 2630QM as the model I know of, It uses the Intel HD 3000 Graphics and sadly this and the HD 2000 are not supported for Windows 10. Again this don't mean that you can't access the web, or check your email, or Facebook and Ebay. Just that if you want to play games or do something that requires updated Graphics you will get an error that says you need updated Graphics drivers. 

I wish it was as easy as just finding a missing driver. If it has been in the last 30 days that you did the update to 10, I would say that your system can run good on Win8 or 7. I would restore back to your older softwre...

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

sadly looking up your model of laptop it would seem that it isn't on the list of being one of the system that has Windows 10 drivers....

With that said, I am not saying that your computer can't run 10, Just there is issues that can come about with drivers. I would say that if your only issue with 10 is the ability to use your WIFI I would say that isn't to bad, However there is one other issue with your version of laptop, That is if your using the i7 2630QM as the model I know of, It uses the Intel HD 3000 Graphics and sadly this and the HD 2000 are not supported for Windows 10. Again this don't mean that you can't access the web, or check your email, or Facebook and Ebay. Just that if you want to play games or do something that requires updated Graphics you will get an error that says you need updated Graphics drivers. 

I wish it was as easy as just finding a missing driver. If it has been in the last 30 days that you did the update to 10, I would say that your system can run good on Win8 or 7. I would restore back to your older softwre...

James

• RunsWthScissors
    RunsWthScissors Member Posts: 7 New User

Question then:  Would a WIFI thumb-drive work properly?