Aspire 7740-5691

Options
sunnyskyez
sunnyskyez Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Im a new person to this forum but Ive had my aspire 7740-5691 for several years now. Im hoping one of you folks can help me.

I had my aspire on last week, went to turn it on today and nothing, no power, no lights, no sound, nothing. The charger had a green light on it but as soon as I plugged it into the aspire the green light went out. I unconnected the charger and unplugged it, again I plugged it in green light came on, but went out again when connected to the Aspire.  Followed up with taking the battery out, charger off, held power button for 30 secs, re-connected everything and still nothing.

Do you guys think that Ive got a bad: charger, battery, charger port, or power button?  

I really appreciate any advice you all can throw my way.

Sunny

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

The computer should work with the AC adapter even if the battery is dead. The only way to tell if the problem is with the adapter, or with the port on the computer or the mainboard would be to try a new charger. 

• sunnyskyez
    sunnyskyez Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello Clyde,

Thanks for the reply. I bought a new charger and it didnt power on. Im agreeing with you on the power port or motherboard. I dont think I want to put anymore money into it if its the motherboard, new laptops are really cheap now.  My IT guy at work has graciously offered to take it apart and see what he can do for me, so I will wait for him now.

Again thanks very much for your reply, it was very much appreciated.

Sunny