Aspire 4730Z wireless adapter problem

Options
quakkelaar
quakkelaar Member Posts: 2 New User

My wireless adapter suddenly stopped connecting to the internet. It reports that my wireless router cannot connect to the internet. However, I know that is not the case since all my other devices connect through that same router. The same thing happens when I plug it into the ethernet cable.

Occasionally it says the IP configuration is wrong on the router. I'm wondering if something happened to the Aspire that is preventing it from reading the IP configuration, and the error message is a misinterpretation of that problem.

I would chat with support on this, but my serial number/snid has rubbed off of the label and I don't know what it is.

Best Answer

• quakkelaar
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had already tried these suggestions. Here's what worked - I downloaded and installed the Windows 8.1 version of the adapter driver. So far Microsoft update has overwritten it one more time, but now that I have the adapter install installed on my desktop, it's easy to put the old one back. Apparently Windows 10 doesn't have stable drivers for all Broadco/ Atheros adapters yet. It's the bad Microsoft adapter driver in Windows update that caused the problem. To fix it, go to the site of your computer manufacturer and download and install the Windows 8.1 version.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,072 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you checked this about wireless device:

1. Go to Network Connections
    2. Select the wireless device - Properties
    3. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) - [Properties]
    4. All addresses must be in "automatically" on both tab.
    5. Click [Advanced] and check if "DHCP enabled"
    France
  • quakkelaar
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had already tried these suggestions. Here's what worked - I downloaded and installed the Windows 8.1 version of the adapter driver. So far Microsoft update has overwritten it one more time, but now that I have the adapter install installed on my desktop, it's easy to put the old one back. Apparently Windows 10 doesn't have stable drivers for all Broadco/ Atheros adapters yet. It's the bad Microsoft adapter driver in Windows update that caused the problem. To fix it, go to the site of your computer manufacturer and download and install the Windows 8.1 version.