Aspier 7600U AIO SSD blank after Windows 8 re install

Options
flygrimm
flygrimm Member Posts: 18 New User

I had to re install Windows 8 after a fatal windows error.  I used the install discs that I purchased with the computer because the hidden partition did not work. The computer is equipped with a 23G SSD that is used to provide faster start-up and resume times, not for storing the operating system or the recovery program.  Is there supposed to be anything on the SSD because mine is currently blank?  Did I do something wrong?  I did have to change the boot drive to the Blue Ray drive to install the OS.  Did that have anything to do with this?  Currently it looks like the SSD does nothing.

Thanks

Stuart

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you used the official Acer recovery disks, you did all you need.

the SSD looks blank because is used from the Intel management as a cache drive, so it's marked as hidden to the system.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • flygrimm
    Options

That's interesting as the drive is not hidden in file eplore.  It's there plain as day.  Should I hide it?

Stuart

• IronFly
    Options
  • flygrimm
    Options

Iron Fly

Thanks for the great response.  My SSD is 23G.  Can I install both ExpressCache and Intel Rapid Start or is there not enough room.  I found an article that says Intel Rapid Start requires 18.6G and that ExrpessCache requires whatever ram is installed (I have 8G).  That would be 26.6G.

Stuart

• IronFly
    Options

That guide was for the 20gb SSD, so it's worth a try.

• flygrimm
    Options

IronFly

I can't seem to find the right driver for the intel rapid start.  I keep getting the error that the system does not meet the requirements.  Any thoughts.  I'm not sure if the 7600U uses it and ExcprssCache or just ExpressCache.  I don't think Acer support is going to be much help there.

Stuart

• IronFly
    Options

i would try only expresscache and check if SSD is used, probably rapid start is not supported by your hardware but it's not a big lost. Smiley Happy

• flygrimm
    Options

Thanks IronFly

I got the SSD mounted and running as ExpressCache only.  Thanks for the great assistance.

Stuart

• IronFly
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy