Any solutions for the Synaptics touchpad scroll function? Aspire 5517 - Windows 10

mta2015
mta2015 Member Posts: 1 New User

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the sroll function for the Synaptics touchpad does not work. Is this a specific driver issue, or a random glitch? I have searched endlessly to no avail. Any suggestions or fixes? Please advise. Thank you. 

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

EDIT.... IF you want to look at your settings for the touchpad you can also. There are some things you can change that may make it work for you as well... Goto the Notifications next to the close, Then click all settings, then devices, then mouse & Touchpad. There you can make some changes. IT may help.... End Edit.

I do know that there was an issue with some people having the touch pad turned off after the update.... However they were supported hardware for WIndows 10, I don't want to say for sure that your systems isnt supported however looking up your model in the acer support only shows support for Windows Vista and 7. 

ONly thing you could try and do is update back to the 7 driver and see if it can work with that. I don't know that it  will.. I know that in my Aspire One it isn't supported and I can run 10 but don't have good Graphics Driver to do any good Game play... my driver date is 6-18-215 driver 19.0.13.0 is Synaptics. 

If I remember right I had tried to roll it back, Then I uninstlaled it and restarted the computer and then it worked after finding the new driver. Maybe that would help you as well... 

James