After a Win 10 upgrade, I updated the system through device manager but it wouldn't boot

Gene1
Gene1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I was trying to fix an BT issue & I started updating drivers through win 10 device manager. When I restarted it wouldn't boot so I shut down, removed the CMOS battery & rebooted, got in, discovered that a Lenovo driver had been installed instead of Acer so I deleted it in device manager.  Upon reboot I get a flashing start botton, HDD light flashes, CPU fan spins, but no POST, no sound, no monitor (monitor power light appears as if asleep). I've tried removing the battery again but nothing works.  (BTW, I did drop the battery on the edge of the MB this time by accident, they could be better located but I don't think that this is the cause, but may be.)

I believe the flashing power led indicates it is asleep but rebooting should take that out as a possibility.  If I could determine what that means maybe I could try something else.  Everything was working except intermittant BT issues.

Any ideas?  Please help!

Answers

• Gene1
    Gene1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I forgot:  Aspire ATC-120-UC22; A-10.

I did notice one other thing, my DVD drive was missing from the device list. Everything else was working great.

just in case, anyone know how to get a replacement MB?  Is it possible to flash a dead system?  How?