Acer aspire AXC-603G-UW15

Alex47
Alex47 Member Posts: 1 New User

What exactly hard drive need my model (for example WD10EZEX...... Thank.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

These models are compatible with your PC:

WD10EZEX--------Part No: KH.01K08.026   1TB

WD5000AAKX----------------KH.50008.042    500GB

ST1000DM003---------------KH.01K01.040    1TB

ST500DM002-----------------KH.50001.038    500GB

• Bouttogetshot
    Bouttogetshot Member Posts: 3 New User
    hey will this computer ( axc-603-uw15) run games like on steam and stuff like that?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Not really, the Aspire XC-603G models were pretty much on the low end of the scale when they were new, and now they are many years old. You can likly run some games at their lowest resolution mode, but even then they aren't going to be very fast.
    Oh, and BTW you are not limited to those four drive models, those are just what shipped originally with the system. You can put in 3.5" SATA drive, though your SATA port is 2.0 so newer drives will be slowed down to the SATA 2.0 spec. Your best bet for overall performance is to put in a 2.5" SSD with a 2.5->3.5 adapter.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bouttogetshot

do you think if I did that i could run video games on my computer?

• Bouttogetshot

also you said that and just order another ram card for it do you think it will help it

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

How much memory do you have on the computer now? Spec says: Supports DDR3L- 1.35V 1333 (2GB or 4GB) dual channel up to 8GB total memory. So, if you have under 8GB of memory and you ordered 4GB DDR3L DIMMs you can likely put more memory in. Remember to use the dual channel mode you need two sticks that match each other, both in speed and size. So two 4GB 1333MHz DDR3L (not DDR3 or DDR4, you need the L) sticks are best. It won't help a huge amount with games unless your issues were related to insufficient memory when launching Steam. You can see the memory used in Task Manager on the Performance tab. You really need a newer machine in order to run any current games well enough for them to be usable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.