Acer XC-780 startup problem

Options
AlexLFC13
AlexLFC13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

As I was trying to update my word2016 desktop app, It wouldn't allow me to do so. After startup of the computer, I enter password, I am confronted with a black screen. A popup shows and reads 'Acer BYOC components are missing from your system. Please reinstall abApp.' As I click yes, it takes me to my browser onto the cloud.acer website to download acer BYOC apps. I have proceeded to download the acer portal app again. Now when I try to run the download, it takes some time to load and then proceeds to say 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' 

If anyone could  please help me in anyway, it would be very much appreciated.

alex

Answers

• DoraWang
    DoraWang Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

Hi AlexLFC13,

For the popup "Acer BYOC components are missing from your system. Please reinstall abApp", firstly you need to uninstall Acer Portal and [AOP Framework] in [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], then reinstall Acer Portal on your PC by clicking the link. After that, the popup won't be prompted again. If you have any questions or suggestions about abApps, welcome to contact us by sending an email to <acercloud_support@cloud.acer.com> for better solution(Please also remark your name of Acer Community in the mail).

With regards to the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" when you install applications, I suggest you can contact your local Acer Customer service directly for checking.

Note. If there is any Anti-virus software on your PC, it maybe affects installing abApps.

Hope it will help you!

Acer BYOC Apps Support