Acer X1930 not working properly after factory restore

BC3841
BC3841 Member Posts: 3 New User

Since restoring my Acer X1930 desktop running Windows 7, it has not been running properly. It now displays: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes".

Could someone please help?

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello, I had the same issues when I went back to Win7 from 10... The only way i was able to get it to work right is for the first few log in I had to restart my system rather often. I know this isn't a FIX but was what I did....

Load Windows 7, Let it do the Updates for about  3 minutes.... First I tried 8 min but still to many Updates. So 3 works for me.... I am also connected over Wire on a Giga lan with Ultra Fast connection over my ISP... So times could vary for you....

After 3 min I had 20 to 26 updates ready to work. restart the computer. They worked. Did that about 3 times. ON the 4th time I let it down load 90 updates to see if it would work. And it did just fine. Then after that I went to look at missing updates to make sure they were going to update or had..... added some that were OPT.... about 50ish on the last and they all updated fine. But for some reason if I let them all try and update from the start they would fail. I think that is because they were trying to put in updates before other udpates that needed to be done first.... 

I don't work for Microsoft or Acer and this is only first hand from one of my systems. This isn't a Fix only my way of making it work. 

So if you have a fast interent connection and not over WIRELESS I would say that for the first few times you start your computer just let it run for a few min and then go to start button, and restart so you are only doing a few at a time.... 

LEt me know how it works out for you...

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello, I had the same issues when I went back to Win7 from 10... The only way i was able to get it to work right is for the first few log in I had to restart my system rather often. I know this isn't a FIX but was what I did....

Load Windows 7, Let it do the Updates for about  3 minutes.... First I tried 8 min but still to many Updates. So 3 works for me.... I am also connected over Wire on a Giga lan with Ultra Fast connection over my ISP... So times could vary for you....

After 3 min I had 20 to 26 updates ready to work. restart the computer. They worked. Did that about 3 times. ON the 4th time I let it down load 90 updates to see if it would work. And it did just fine. Then after that I went to look at missing updates to make sure they were going to update or had..... added some that were OPT.... about 50ish on the last and they all updated fine. But for some reason if I let them all try and update from the start they would fail. I think that is because they were trying to put in updates before other udpates that needed to be done first.... 

I don't work for Microsoft or Acer and this is only first hand from one of my systems. This isn't a Fix only my way of making it work. 

So if you have a fast interent connection and not over WIRELESS I would say that for the first few times you start your computer just let it run for a few min and then go to start button, and restart so you are only doing a few at a time.... 

LEt me know how it works out for you...

James

• BC3841
    BC3841 Member Posts: 3 New User

BC3841 to RevoMaxx re. Acer Aspire X1930 problem:

OK James, thanks very much, I'll try that. I'll do another factory restore, then do as you suggest with the Windows updates and see how it goes.

Robert.