Acer Aspire xc-705 Noisy in-game

Options
MarneyG
MarneyG Member Posts: 7 New User

I've had some trouble ever since I bought this PC. Now, its performance in games is magnificent for what it is, and I'm very satisfied with its capabilities. 

But, an issue I've experienced ever since I got it is, it's noisy as all heck whenever I play a game. Whether it's an old or new game, it's sounding like an old vaccum cleaner. And I really want this to stop. So, Do you have ANY advice on how to make it... you know, quiet down a bit? I would really appreciate some help, because it's really annoying that I disturb everyone around me(myself included) whenever I play a game.

Thanks in advance. 

P.S. I love the product, I just want this fixed somehow.

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Firstly you could check the fan speeds with HWMONITOR zip version (no installation) and post here a screenshot of the board.
    2. What model do you exactly?
    France
  • MarneyG
    Options

https://gyazo.com/386a15c228a3ea8219aca05fe956137c

https://gyazo.com/881a07fc9f0be042db97df0a62cd0c42

Two screenshots of the entire board.

And well, I'm sorry if I come off stupid here, but what exactly do you mean by model? 

I'm really sorry for sounding stupid, but I wouldn't want to send information that's most likely incorrect.

• RevoMaxx
    Options

Question I have is it Fan related or DVD/CD Drive related? I had a computer that while I would play some games or load some types of software the computer would sound like it was trying to take flight. After all that I tried I just broke down and replaced the Drive and now I don't have that issue!?

James

• MarneyG
    Options

Well, I think it's fan-related. It's only whenever I start a game. It doesn't really even matter what game, honestly. It always sounds like a vaccum cleaner.

I guess I could try switching out the Drive, but I don't know if it will help.

I will admit, my knowledge of computers is limited, as I'm fairly new to PC gaming as a whole.

So, any tips on how to switch out the Drive? And with what?

• laurent_14
    Options

The CPU temperature is 75C

The speed fan is ~1000RPM. The max speed of this one is 4700RPM but it only works at 2000 or 2300RPM.

Could you try to load default settings in the bios utility:

1. Turn on the desktop
    2. Press [Delete] when you see Acer screen
    3. Press [F9] Load defaut settings
    4. Press [F10] Save and exit setup
    5. The desktop restart automatically

Relaunch HWMONITOR and post the entire board.

About model:

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Warning:

The max temperature of CPU is 72C. I advise you to stop playing game for the moment.

France
  • MarneyG
    Options

The other screenshots:

https://gyazo.com/894e48a9955ac46e8406bb7ffc954d1f

https://gyazo.com/152a9f027d2560f80e4b0702c98abbc8

Model/First 10 characters of serial number: DTSXLEQ022

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Your desktop is it still under warranty?
    2. Do you see through the inlet if the fan/heatsink is clean or dusty?
    3. The fan of PSU does it blow?  - Pass your hand in front -
    France
  • MarneyG
    Options

1. I believe so, yes.

2. It is somewhat dusty, and I will clean it up. But I doubt that's the issue, as it's been noisy ever since I bought it. Even before it even started collecting dust in the first place.

3. I tried passing my hand in front, and I felt a slight blow from the PC. It was very slight, though.

• laurent_14
    Options
    1. You can check the date of warranty end here.
    2. Don't remove the panel if there are warranty stickers.
    3. My diagnostic: The bearing of the fan is defective. The speed doesn't increase correctly. The bearing brakes the motor and it may be very noisy (whistling).
    France
  • MarneyG
    Options

So, can you reccommend any action I can take to stop it?

• laurent_14
    Options

The fan must be replaced. As your desktop is certainly under warranty, I suggest you to contact your reseller.

France