Acer Aspire v5-571p Blank screen after windows update but works on external monitor

Options
vishnutvp
vishnutvp Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire v5-571P Laptop. After running some windows updates yesterday, when I start my laptop, it throws a blank screen. no logo. no mouse. 

When i connect to an external monitor, it works. But no the in-built screen. please help

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

try this if on windows 8.x and up:
    at boot press ALT+F10, this will start Acer/windows recovery.
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • vishnutvp
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your help. 

But I just did a bg mistake uninstalling my Intel graphics card driver while trying to do this. 

can you pls help?

now I am not able to see anything and the external monitor is also not showing anything..

• IronFly
    Options

can you try to point a flashlight to laptop screen?

maybe you have a broken backlight and pointing a flashlight will let you see something.

if you boot pressing F2 are you able to enter BIOS and see it on the external monitor?

if not...there's something else going wrong on your laptop, not just a driver issue.

• vishnutvp
    Options

Hi, I tried using a flashlight and I am able to see the screen operations and work. 

so is this a backlight problem?

• IronFly
    Options

if you can see the desktop working, yes, it's a backlight issue, please try to increase the screen brightness.

you can understand if windows is involved or not, if screen works on BIOS screen, so pressing F2 let you enter BIOS and check if BIOS is visible, if not....hardware issue on screen inverter.

to exit BIOS you can do a long press on power button.

• vishnutvp
    Options

hi,

I was able to see the BIOS screen by pressing F2 on startup with the help of flashlight. 

So can we confirm if its a backlight issue?

• IronFly
    Options

i think so.

• vishnutvp
    Options

thank you!

will check with a service centre to resolve this. 

any idea how much would it cost?

• IronFly
    Options

Nope sorry. Smiley Happy

You welcome.

• vishnutvp
    Options

Smiley Happy

• vishnutvp
    Options

I had posted earlier that my laptop Acer Aspire v5-571P had a black screen issue.

It worked sometimes and it went black sometimes. But using a flashlight, I can see that the screen is working. Just that I am not able to see it (backlight is not working).

Shops I checked here in Norway suggested to replace the laptop screen itself and it costs almost the price of the laptop. 

Please suggest me if this can be a backlight/inverter issue or the whole screen issue? 

Are there any Acer exchange offers? 

I am fed up with my laptop. (in 2.5 years since I bought it, for 1.5 years it was in service centre with a mother board issue first, then a hard disk issue and now this pops up).