Acer Aspire tc-220 won't start after I turn it off. I have to unplug it for 8 hours to start it

SueMoon28
SueMoon28 Member Posts: 8 New User

My new computer is working fine except for one big problem! When I turn it off, I can't get it to start again. I took it to best buy where it worked again and the tech said it was a static electricity problem and that I should unplug everything, press the start button for 45 secs to a minute and it should work again because the static electricity has been discharged. Tried it several times at home and that didn't work. The only thing that works is unplugging everything for about 8 hours and plugging it all in again. This is annoying and shouldn't be happening to a 2 month old computer! Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix this permanently and is it bad for my pc to just leave it on all the time for now? I tried chatting with an Acer tech, but I keep getting disconnected after waiting a long time. Any advice would by greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you please report the BIOS version of your PC?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SueMoon28
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓

ok, it's the latest.

next step, try to disable Fast startup as on option 1 of this discussion:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

• SueMoon28

Thanks, I did this and will test it soon, although I'm a little scared to turn it off now. I will let you know how it goes.

• SueMoon28

It worked!!! Smiley Happy Thanks so much for the great advice! Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    You welcome.
  • SueMoon28

Well it worked for two weeks. Wouldn't start this morning again, I unplugged everything and waited 3 hours. Still a no go...Unplugged everything and waited 7 hours, this time it worked. Do you have any other suggestions for me?

• IronFly

Check if fast startup is still disabled.

boot to BIOS pressing Del key and try to disable Deep power mode OFF under Power tab, then press F10 to save and exit.

• SueMoon28

I checked and fast startup is still disabled. I'm not sure what you mean by boot to BIOS pressing Del key though. Step by step please!

• IronFly

you need to press Del key on your keyboard during your PC boot (power ON).

this will let you enter the BIOS, then you must move to Power tab using keyboard arrow, choose Deep power mode OFF and set it as Disable, then press F10 to save and exit and let your PC boot to windows.

• SueMoon28

Thanks, I will try this soon. Smiley Happy

• SueMoon28

I haven't tried your solution yet, but the latest news is that my pc turned of by itself in the middle of the night and I couldn't get it back on for 24 hours after that happened. When it did turn on it was as soon as I plugged it in. I didn't have to press on or anything. Does that change anything?

• IronFly
    Not much but it's not good that it turned off by itself.