Acer Aspire charges intermittently, but does not accept AC/Mains charge when battery removed..?

Options
psmiddx
psmiddx Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Aspire V3-531, charges intermittently, with the battery IN. When removed, and charging only with the mains/AC, the laptop is dead/no charge whatsoever. Any help on this? Thank you.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

Hello, Sorry you are having problems with your Charging...

I am not 100% sure where you problem is. I will offer a few things that you can look over and see if that can help.

When a system has some age, the charger can do one of a few things but this will cover 2 right now. First it can make the Spring in your charging jack get week and not get a good Ground. At the same time the Charger plug can get opened up some with use and it won't make a good contact with the post in the charging jack...

If that isn't it it could be a bad charger. you can test the charger with a VOM if you have one. (Meter) If you look at the charger it should say what your out put should be. If it is that out put the charger is still working... If not you would need a new one...

Last and we hope this isn't the issue. It could be that with use and moving or being bumped over and over if it does. Even with it plugged in and on a Car ride can make the Charging Jack weak from the Motherbaord and may have lost contact. This would require someone to go and make the solder points better. IF you don't know how and that is the problem. I would leave it to someone that can make the repair for you. We wouldn't want something to go wrong and make your Laptop worse...

Hope something helps you here.

James