Acer Aspire Z5600 LAN adapter suddenly disappeared

clive_t
clive_t Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help me.

I have been using my Acer Aspire Z5600's ethernet connection to access the internet, until last night when my power tripped out. When it came back, I could only connect to the internet via the wireless adapter. Looking in device manager, there is no sign of any Ethernet adapter.

I've managed to download what I think is the most up to date updater, but running it shows no drivers need to be updated.

Has anyone heard of this problem before, and if so how did you reinstate the ethernet adapter, please?

Thanks,

Clive

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Device manager, click on View, show hidden devices, click on your network adapters and see if there's any sign of ethernet adapter.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • clive_t

Thanks for your reply, Mr IronFly, much appreciated.

I did as you suggested, and although the list of adapters is considerably longer, none of them appear to be the Ethernet adapter. I have also tried, within that screen, to run a 'scan for hardware changes' in case doing so would re-introduce it, but nothing doing sadly.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd be very keen to hear of them.

Thanks,

Clive

• IronFly
    Check if LEDs on your ethernet ports work, if not...probably is dead.
  • clive_t

Thanks again for your reply. No lights at the ethernet port on the desktop, so as you say, probably dead.

Thanks anyway,

Clive

• IronFly

You welcome.

• clive_t

Just a little 'P.S.' to share what happened with this today - I tried disabling the wireless adapter, and almost immediately the ethernet adaptor stepped up and took over! No idea why all this happened, but I am glad it's back!

Hope this helps somebody

Cheers,

Clive